Following growth across the group at GMI, we are looking to hire a Social Value Advisor to work out of either our Stockton-on-Tees office or Leeds office. In return we offer a competitive remuneration package alongside various other benefits detailed on the “What we offer” tab on our careers page.
You will be responsible for coordinating and delivering Employment and Skills Plans (ESPs) in line with bid commitments and timescales, for the relevant sub-region within GMI Construction PLC .
- Manage a caseload of live projects, working with site teams to ensure that ESPs are delivered in line with bid and client commitments.
- Coordinate ESP activities, including work experience, site visits, school workshops, careers fairs, liaising with internal and external stakeholders where applicable.
- Develop & maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders. (schools/colleges/3rd sector organisations/clients) to support ESP delivery.
- Regular reporting of progress against ESP targets to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with HR and L&D Departments to assist and facilitate Apprentice Recruitment Events.
- Monitor, mentor all apprentices in the business starting from day one and carry out 12 weeks reviews.
- Liaise with Colleges in collaboration with the L&D Department to ensure quarterly reviews are in place with the training provider.
- Represent GMI on local committees and focus groups to promote education, employment, and skills development.
- Attend and promote GMI at employment and careers events across the region.
- Work with the GMI marketing team to identify PR opportunities in relation to employment and skills activities, producing case studies, reports, etc.
- Previous experience in delivery and understanding social value, community engagement and societal issues.
- Comfortable with delivering educational workshops.
- Confident in analysing and interpreting numerical data.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft office 365 packages i.e. Word, excel, outlook, & teams.
- Strong communication & influencing skills.
- Prior experience of managing / mentoring & supporting young people or apprentices.
- Understanding TOM’s measuring tool.
We do not accept unsolicited CVs from any source other than from the candidates themselves and we do not accept unsolicited communications from external recruiters. GMI Construction Group PLC has a Preferred Supplier List (PSL). Any agencies must have a current, signed agreement, to be invited to supply candidates for a specific vacancy with GMI before presenting any CVs.
19th February 2024
GMI Construction appointed to deliver Dakota Newcastle
5th February 2024
NATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP WEEK 2024
22nd January 2024
Darryl Brown joins GMI Construction Group as North East Regional Commercial Director
19th January 2024
GMI Construction Group begins work on £50m York student accommodation scheme for developer Olympian Homes
11th January 2024