GMI is an award winning multi regional main contractor operating in a variety of diverse Construction sectors. Our founding principles to deliver ‘hands on’, ‘on time’ and ‘on budget’ are at the heart of our success as we deliver projects with Trust, Integrity and Honesty throughout the United Kingdom.
Due to a number of key wins across the Yorkshire region, we are looking to speak with Senior Planners from a principal contractor background. This role does not only offer a highly competitive remuneration package. It also offers a structured career progression plan as we are very much an advocate of promoting within our organisation.
Key aspects of the role:
- Working closely with the on-site project delivery team, you will be expected to meet personal development targets, project goals and business unit targets.
- Provide and achieve consistent, accurate and reliable programme data.
- Develop planning solutions using Asta Power Project and Microsoft Project Programming Software Packages.
- Develop Design Deliverable Programmes in conjunction with the Design Manager.
- Develop fully integrated Project Programmes to measure progress, including critical path analysis. This will include, Procurement Programmes, Commissioning and Completion Programmes.
- Develop Information Required and Procurement Schedules from the Project Programmes.
- Review tender/construction drawings/specifications/bills to gain a clear understanding of the project, in order to establish a robust build sequence form which to develop the programme solution.
- Review and challenge subcontractor programmes including methods and logistics; compare them to the Project Programmes to ensure they are fully aligned or integrated.
- Assist in the delivery of reports to the Project Delivery Team and Client (as required) including critical path network and rescheduling of activities where appropriate.
Required to be considered for the role:
- Proficient with Asta Power Project
- Experience of working for a main contractor
- Willing to travel as and when required
- A valid UK driving licence
We do not accept unsolicited CVs from any source other than from the candidates themselves and we do not accept unsolicited communications from external recruiters. GMI Construction Group PLC has a Preferred Supplier List (PSL). Any agencies must have a current, signed agreement, to be invited to supply candidates for a specific vacancy with GMI before presenting any CVs.
6th December 2023
GMI Construction Group awarded Gold by The 5% Club
27th November 2023
GMI secures £27m Leeds City College construction contract
21st November 2023
GMI Construction Group lands Birmingham logistics hub
13th November 2023
Breaking ground in Goole at Siemens Mobility Rail Village with Trebor Developments and GMI
1st November 2023