We are looking to hire a Technical Planner to join our operations team in our Stockton-on-Tees office. This is due to a growing portfolio of projects that have arisen across the North East region. In return we offer a competitive remuneration package alongside various other benefits detailed on the “What we offer” tab on our careers page.
As the Technical Planner you will be responsible for presenting, planning, technical writing, and associated scheduling. This role works alongside the operational team to deliver an exemplary pre-construction service for both new and existing clients.
- Produce the tender programme for all stages of the project from pre-construction to design, procurement and construction.
- Ensure information produced is accurate and distributed on programme to the correct quality and within budget.
- Adherence to all set deadline and completion of work to agreed standard.
- Liaise with the design team and manage the design information release stages for tender submission and produce an IRS for the construction information.
- Review various design / construction methods with sub-contractors to determine the best form of construction / assist the estimating team.
- Monitor progress through the pre-construction phase and into the construction phase if required.
- Ensure clearance of Building Regulations and other relevant conditions.
- Prepare and update specifications in association with any other relevant GMI departments.
- Ensure information produced is accurate and distributed on programme to the correct quality and within budget to enable effective sub-contract procurement and build programmes to be met.
- Previous experience of working as a Planner or in a similar position
- Proficient with Asta Powerproject or similar software packages
- A valid CSCS Card
- Willing to travel
We do not accept unsolicited CVs from any source other than from the candidates themselves and we do not accept unsolicited communications from external recruiters.
GMI Construction Group PLC has a Preferred Supplier List (PSL). Any agencies must have a current, signed agreement, to be invited to supply candidates for a specific vacancy with GMI before presenting any CVs.
19th February 2024
GMI Construction appointed to deliver Dakota Newcastle
5th February 2024
NATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP WEEK 2024
22nd January 2024
Darryl Brown joins GMI Construction Group as North East Regional Commercial Director
19th January 2024
GMI Construction Group begins work on £50m York student accommodation scheme for developer Olympian Homes
11th January 2024