Due to an extremely busy start to the year for our marketing department, we are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join us in Leeds. In return we offer a competitive remuneration package alongside various other benefits detailed on the “What we offer” tab on our careers page.
The Marketing & Communications Co-ordinator will be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of GMI’s communications, from creating materials across various formats from verbal, written, and visual posts/messages to raise the profile of GMI Construction Group.
- Manage the social media platform and website content.
- Deliver the Company’s communications plans, including crisis communications within with the Technology team.
- Promote the new company mission and values via internal comms, process, website etc, to align employee behaviours with GMI objectives and drive goal attainment.
- Support the implementation of GMI community engagement strategy to promote industry news in addition to GMI people/commercial achievements news via the Workspace, company newsletter and other online forums.
- To be responsible for writing, editing and proof-reading copy for all corporate communication platforms, ensuring a consistent and audience-appropriate tone of voice.
- Write, edit, and proof-read communications for the online platforms and support the production and delivery of all-staff videos and presentations.
- To monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of staff and stakeholder communications and provide reports and recommendations based on the results.
- Provide communications guidance to other departments of GMI, and lead brand consistency.
- Champion activities to promote public relations, corporate events, and any internal charity events to promote Diversity and Inclusivity.
- Work in partnership with the wider People & Culture team to support any HR, L&D or CSR initiatives.
- To ensure the use of data for communications complies with current regulations, particularly those relating to the General Data Protection Regulation in the post holder’s own area of responsibility.
- To apply the GMI’s Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Policy in the post holder’s own area of responsibility and in his/her general conduct.
- Implementation of a monthly diversity calendar to increase engagement and brand awareness.
- To carry out any other duties as may reasonably be directed by the Head of Marketing.
- To be detailed and logical in their work and capable of prioritising tasks.
- Meticulous record keeping of all relevant paperwork using the operating framework.
- Storage of all documentation in SharePoint in accordance with the company’s information management policy and guidelines.
- Ensuring that data is protected in line with GDPR regulations.
- Promotes and upholds the GMI corporate values within your conduct at work.
- A qualification in PR, Marketing, English, communications, or robust copy writing experience.
- Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft office 365 packages i.e Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential including the ability to communicate with people positively at all levels.
- Full Driving Licence
We do not accept unsolicited CVs from any source other than from the candidates themselves and we do not accept unsolicited communications from external recruiters.
GMI Construction Group PLC has a Preferred Supplier List (PSL). Any agencies must have a current, signed agreement, to be invited to supply candidates for a specific vacancy with GMI before presenting any CVs.
19th February 2024
GMI Construction appointed to deliver Dakota Newcastle
5th February 2024
NATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP WEEK 2024
22nd January 2024
Darryl Brown joins GMI Construction Group as North East Regional Commercial Director
19th January 2024
GMI Construction Group begins work on £50m York student accommodation scheme for developer Olympian Homes
11th January 2024